Pendulum Instruments, with its roots in Philips T&M, has over 50 years of experience in developing technology-leading solutions for precise time & frequency measurement, calibration and analysis.
Frequency Timer/Counter Analyzers are characterized by the unique graphic UI showing high-accuracy numeric results plus graphic trends, modulation, histograms and statistical parameters. The fast measurements, the very high resolution and the TimeView analysis SW makes the instruments complete Frequency & Modulation Domain Analyzers.
The modern measurement technique is based on fast continuous time-stamping that enables gap-free zero dead-time measurements.
The range consists of 4 instruments:
CNT-90: Basic model, 70 ps resolution/time-stamp
CNT-91: Enhanced model 35 ps resolution
CNT-91R: A CNT-91 with integrated Rubidium oscillator
CNT-90XL: A CNT-90 plus an additional microwave mixer input
- UI: Graphical w trends, modulation, histograms display
- Speed: 250000 measurements/s
- Frequency resolution: 12 digits/s
- Time resolution: 35/70 ps/time stamp
- Frequency range CNT-90/91: 400 MHz (up to 20 GHz opt.)
- Frequency range CNT-90XL: 27/40/46/60 GHz
- Zero-dead-time measurements: CNT-91
- Continuous gap-free data streaming: CNT-91
- Built-in Rubidium atomic clock: CNT-91R
- Battery option: CNT-90 & CNT-90XL
- Pulsed RF option: CNT-90XL (down to 30ns pulses, up to 60 GHz)
TimeView Modulation Domain Analysis
The combination of a CNT-9x Counter/Analyzer, as a fast sampling front-end, and the TimeView SW makes a full-blown Modulation Domain Analyzer, MDA.
An MDA displays Frequency variation over time (Modulation Domain), similar to an oscilloscope that displays Voltage variation over time. It is a great complement to the oscilloscope (Time domain) and Spectrum Analyzer (Frequency domain) for in-depth signal analysis.
The example below show the display of a 2-level FSK signal on an oscilloscope (carrier shape), spectrum analyzer (frequency components) and TimeView (modulating signal shape).
TimeView exists in two versions.
- TimeView 2, which can use any of the CNT-9x models as frontend
- TimeView 3, with enhanced functionality, which can only use CNT-91(R)
- View dynamic frequency changes over time
- View residual FM on up to 60 GHz carriers
- Follow frequency changes every 4 us in real time (every 10 ns with repetitive sampling)
- Analyze VCO settling, PLL responses and more
- Analyze oscillators; power-on stability, short-term (ADEV) and long-term stability
- Analyze frequency hopping, chirp radar, frequency droop to 20 GHz
- Powerful analysis: FFT, Statistics (histogram), smoothing, ADEV and MADEV vs t
- Zero dead-time (gap-free) measurements, detect phase shifts
Contact Testhouse Nordic for more information and prices!
Or call: +46 8 5012 60 50 (SWE) , +358 40 744 3082 (FIN)
Microwave Site Master Handheld Cable and Antenna Analyzer
Manufacturer: AnritsuProduct Number: S820E Product Description Cable and antenna analyzer, delivering benchtop microwave performance in a compact handheld package, available with Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) and Vector Voltmeter (VVM) options Key Specification S820E frequency range: 1 MHz — 8, 14, 20, 30, or 40 GHz…
Site Master Ultraportable Cable and Antenna Analyzer
Manufacturer: AnritsuProduct Number: S331P Product Description Pocket-sized headless cable and antenna analyzer that can measure LTE-U frequencies, supporting wireless operators, contractors, DAS installers, and public safety network installers and maintenance Key Specification Smallest, lightest, and fastest Site Master™ Available with two frequency ranges from 150…
RF/Microwave Signal Generator
Manufacturer: AnritsuProduct Number: MG3690C Product Description The MG3690C series of broadband signal generators covers audio, HF, VHF, UHF, RF and microwave frequencies from 0.1 Hz to 70 GHz in single coaxial output and up to 500 GHz or beyond, with external multipliers Key Specification 0.1…
Vector Signal Generator
Manufacturer: AnritsuProduct Number: MG3710E Product Description The Vector Signal Generator MG3710E is a best-of-class, multi-function, dual output signal generator with excellent RF and baseband performance up to 6GHz Key Specification Vector Signal Generator supporting frequencies of 100 kHz to 2.7/4/6 GHz ACLR: -68 dBc (W-CDMA,…